Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Live from Cali

Nothing like a one-way aeroplane ticket to California!

I'm hanging out in Santa Cruz, recovering from the most amazing wedding EVER in Yosemite. I mean, I loved my weddings -- both to the same man, a year apart, one guru-blessed, one rabbi-legalized. But this affair was quite special.

Hostessed by the Martha Stewart of hippie/deadhead world and the taper extraordinaire of our whole scene, it was a dragonfly extravaganza of love, respect, bliss, happiness, and joy. What a bash! With the best waterfalls Yosemite has had in years. And plenty of crazy hippies mixing it up with Yonder Mountain String Band and Hot Buttered Rum String Band playing music for the aforementioned bride and groom. You can't complain about a gig like that!

Come to think of it, maybe I'll stop complaining. About everything. Why not? With so much love in the world, what's the point in being cranky?

Glad to be outta NYC and hanging in the redwoods - can'tcha tell?